Zachary L. Shiffler
Zachary L. Shiffler is a civil rights attorney with a focus on constitutional violations involving police and government officials. Zach began working with the Civil Rights Litigation Group during law school, which confirmed his passion for helping people vindicate their constitutional rights. Since that time, he has helped numerous people seek justice when government officials abuse their power, including First Amendment claims for retaliation, Fourth Amendment claims for unlawful arrest and excessive force, and Eighth Amendment claims for cruel and unusual punishment.
Areas of Practice:
- Civil Rights
- Police Misconduct
- Employment Discrimination
- Bachus & Schanker (2019), Associate Attorney – Personal Injury
- Civil Rights Litigation Group (2017-2019), Law Clerk – Civil Rights
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2020
- Colorado, 2019
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- Lawyers Civil Rights Coalition – Member
- Colorado Bar Associate – Civil Rights Committee
- Sam Kamin & Zachary Shiffler, Obvious but not Clear: The Right to Refuse to Cooperate with the Police During a Terry Stop, 69 U. L. Rev. (2020)
Honors and Awards:
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law – Juris Doctor
- University of Texas at Austin – B.A. in Government & Philosophy
do you have a case?
Please click here to request an attorney review of your case.